Carrot is vegetable that is claimed the healthier vegetable ever. As we know carrot is rich with beta-carotene, vitamin K, fiber, potassium and antioxidants.
If you want to lose some weight, you might need carrot in your daily diet. Fiber in carrot can help us to feel full much longer and can reduce the food amount intake.
Fiber in carrot feed the good bacteria in gut and help to decrease the risk of bowel disease such as constipation.
Anti-oxidants in carrot can reduce the risk of getting cancer.
Rich with vitamin and mineral.
• Vitamin A: Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A promotes good vision, and is important for growth, development, and immune function .
• Biotin: One of the B-vitamins, formerly known as vitamin H. It plays an important role in fat and protein metabolism .
• Vitamin K1: Also known as phylloquinone, vitamin K is important for blood coagulation and can promote bone health
• Potassium: An essential mineral, important for blood pressure control.
Main compounds found in carrots:
• Beta-carotene: Orange carrots are very high in beta-carotene. The absorption is better (up to 6.5-fold) if the carrots are cooked
• Alpha-carotene: An antioxidant that is also partly converted to vitamin A.
• Lutein: One of the most common antioxidants in carrots, predominantly found in yellow and orange carrots and is important for eye health
• Lycopene: A bright red antioxidant found in many red fruits and vegetables, including red and purple carrots. It may decrease the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
• Polyacetylenes: Recent research has identified bioactive compounds in carrots that may help protect against leukemia and cancer cells .
• Anthocyanins: Powerful antioxidants found in dark-colored carrots
#secretbarn #nutricarrot #gonatural